“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor”
Indulge in the ultimate discovery trip from Launceston through to Cradle Mountain. Including local delicious Tasmanian food, amazing locally produced Wine & Craft Beer, three full days of breathtaking scenery in an air conditioned vehicle, an experienced passionate guide and designated driver, two nights luxury accommodation, entrance to all venues and national parks, Tasmania’s absolutely premium adventure experience – Cradle Mt Canyoning and a once in a lifetime Dove Lake Kayaking trip whilst travelling along some of Australia’s greatest & picturesque driving routes.
Andy’s Trails – Showcasing full immersion tours across the best parts of Tasmania
We are dedicated to celebrating local produce, gourmet beverages and breathtaking scenery with an informative guide and designated driver.
Whether you’re looking for a foodie’s feast adventure, a locally-produced immersive liquor experience, or a full hipster encounter with the local craft beer scene, surrounded by spectacular coastal drives, rainforest or rugged hinterland, we have the experience for you!
|| Launceston. Pick Up Statewide
|| 11 a.m Wednesday to Saturday
Check out other destinations here
The Cradle Mountain region is one of Andy’s most cherished destinations and is dedicated to making it one of yours too.
- Ashgrove Cheese. The Ashgrove milk and cheese factory is in the heart of the dairy country in Northern Tasmania. Farm fresh milk, cream, cheese, ice cream and butter are all on offer with more varieties of each than you could ever imagine! Have a sneaky peak behind the scenes at how they make their cheese before taking home their specialty beer matched cheeses!
- Seven Sheds Brewery. See the true paddock to glass experience at Seven Sheds Brewery. With organic hops grown on site, and locally sourced honeys and malt this brewery, meadery and hop garden a tour of the gardens and brewery give you full insight into how these delicious seasonal beers, honey wines and melomels are created. Willie Simpson’s beers are a long way from the usual tastes of big, brewery draughts, they need to be tasted to be believed!
- Spreyton Cider. You can’t visit the Apple Isle and not sample the produce that Tasmania was first so famous for! With 4 generations and over 100 years of experience Spreyton is the perfect place to sample their exquisite ciders. All ciders are made completely in house to ensure the quality and taste and after your first sip you’ll agree it’s a decision well made. Sample 6 of their tree to bottle ciders, a ginger beer and their apple juice and experience the taste for every season!
- Southern Wild Distillery. The pleasure project of a local from Devonport George Burgess has produced gin that could only occur with the clean air of Northern Tasmania, using the clear water of Cradle Mountain snowmelt running through the Dasher and Fisher rivers that give the gin it’s name, and mixed with local botanicals to give layers of flavours and aromas to evoke the very places they were harvested. Now the only thing that remains is to decide where does your heart lie- the Mountain, the Meadow or the Ocean?
- Cradle Mt lodge. Stay at Cradle Mountain Lodge for a luxury experience with spectacular views! These cabins are a perfect location to end your night after exploring the regions sights and experiences. Walk along the surrounding board walks and you may even be met with the sight of a wombat, wallaby or possum having a late night snack!
- Cradle Mt Canyoning. is an unforgettable full day experience combining just the right amounts of adrenalin, adventure and rugged wilderness. See Cradle Mountain showcased at it’s best- this trip under-promises and over-delivers every time. So zip up your wetsuit and get ready to jump, slide and abseil through your way through 500 metres of canyon, beneath quartzite cliffs that rise up to 50 metres overhead.
- Dove Lake Walk with Wine & Cheese Tastings. (Option 2) Prefer a slower pace to admire the beauty of Cradle Mountain? The Dove Lake Circuit walk may be more your style. This six kilometer sojourn leads through the Ballroom Forest, a cool temperate rainforest full of ancient myrtles, and continues beneath the crags of Cradle Mountain and Little Horn. It’s relatively flat and you may even find yourself joined by a wombat or two. If a short uphill climb takes your fancy, stunning views are afforded at the top of Marion’s Lookout. Not only is it a breathtaking view at the top, it’s a great way to burn off a few calories. Indulge in a picnic hamper of local produce carried in by your guide to create the perfect immersion into this stunning location. Return to the Cradle Mountain Lodge and start unwinding for the night with a special wine and cheese tasting to celebrate the gourmet produce this area is so celebrated for. Indulge in six lovingly handcrafted wines with three delicious local cheeses all while being guided through the stories behind the wine and cheese.
- Hellyers Restaurant. After spending the day seeing all the beauty of Cradle Mountain we settle down for dinner at Hellyer’s Restaurant to indulge in fresh seasonal local produce. Shared plates mean that you don’t have to miss out on tasting a range of delights from the menu, ranging from spectacular seafoods to organic garden delights to their very special peppered steak. All accompanied by locally produced Tasmanian beer or wine it is the perfect end to a perfect day.
- Canoeing Dove Walk. Having seen the rugged beauty of Dove Lake by foot or by canyoning in the water we set out on day 3 to see it on the water in canoes. This view of Dove Lake and Cradle Mountain will bring you new sights and gliding across the water will make you feel at one with the location. You never know which animals will be spotted from this unique viewpoint
- Barring-wood Winery. A love affair with wine inspired the origins of Barringwood winery. A long growing season gives these wines an elegance and delicacy in addition to the acidity of the cool climate. Delight in these wines whilst over looking the stunning Don Valley and indulge in simple, handmade, local and seasonal produce for lunch
- Launceston. Tasmania’s second largest city sure has a lot to offer! Blessed with its vicinity to local produce you’ll find a place to satisfy any craving you have. A vibrant hub of activity, it has the charm of a small town with all the amenities of a city. Combine this with the stunning Cataract Gorge only a short walk from the city centre you’ll be spoilt for choice!. It even has a monkey park.
This tour includes meals, beverage tasting sessions, three full days of transport in an air conditioned vehicle, an experienced guide and designated driver, two nights premium accommodation, entrance to all venues and national parks, two adventure activities (see drop downs for more details) and drives along some of Australia’s most picturesque routes. Private pick up available from selected locations